Dogs find it difficult to digest grains such as corn, wheat and barley. These have been linked with canine allergies, with symptoms ranging from upset stomach to itchy flaky coat. Canagan is different, produced to human food standards, this Senior Dog Food is specially formulated by experts for older dogs.
It will give your dog nutrition as close to their ancestral diet as possible. With delicious de-boned chicken it is great for joint problems too, as it contains glucosamine, MSM and chondroitin. Packed with vitamins, minerals and nutrients, it really is the best food you can give your senior dog.
- Sweet Potato: Used as a highly digestible premium source of slow-release energy, rich in anti-oxidants and a great source of soluble fibre.
- Seaweed: Is packed with minerals which contain iodine to support thyroid function and control metabolism.
- Marigold, Cranberry and Camomile: Marigold stimulates white blood cell production and strengthens the immune system. Cranberry is rich in Vitamin C and helps promote a healthy urinary tract. Camomile is thought to reduce stress.
Available in 2kg, 6kg and 12kg sacks.
Freshly Prepared De-boned Chicken (27%), Dried Chicken (27%), Sweet Potato, Potato, Peas, Pea Protein, Alfalfa, Dried Egg (3%), Chicken Fat (1.5%), Chicken Gravy (1.5%), Minerals, Vitamins, Glucosamine (1700 mg/kg), MSM (1700 mg/kg), Chondroitin Sulphate (1200mg/kg), Apple, Carrot, Spinach, Psyllium, Seaweed, Fructooligosaccharides, Camomile, Peppermint, Marigold, Cranberry, Aniseed & Fenugreek.
Nutritional Additives (per kg):
- Vitamin A: 16,250 IU
- Vitamin D3: 2,400 IU
- Vitamin E: 240 IU
- Ferrous Sulphate Monohydrate: 641 mg
- Zinc Sulphate Monohydrate: 577 mg
- Manganous Sulphate Monohydrate: 141 mg
- Cupric Sulphate Pentahydrate: 46 mg
- Calcium Iodate Anhydrous: 3.14 mg
- Sodium Selenite: 0.53 mg
- Crude protein: 33.00%
- Fat content: 14.00%
- Crude fibres: 3.50%
- Crude ash: 9.50%
- Moisture: 8.50%
- Omega 6: 2.20%
- Calcium: 1.99%
- Phosphorus: 1.47%
Each dog is unique and the optimal feeding amounts vary significantly depending on factors such as age, activity, metabolism and environment. As a starting point we suggest you begin at the lower end of our guide and adjust accordingly.
If the dog looks overweight reduce food intake by 10%.
If the dog looks underweight increase food intake by 10%.
Continue until the correct weight is achieved.
Feed dry with separate bowl of water or moisten with warm water to bring out the flavour. Store in a cool dry place, keep closed between uses.
Supply plenty of clean, fresh drinking water at all times. We recommend that feeding be supervised.
Senior Dog Feeding Guide
|Weight (kg)||Amount (g)|
|Senior Maintenance||Overweight Dogs|